Within the last decade infographics have become an increasing trend. From 2010 to 2012, infographic search volumes have increased over 800%. Suffice it to say, that’s an outstanding trend.
What are Infographics and should you use them?
Infographics ‘are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly‘. In other words, an infographic collects data, organises it, and turns this information into an easy to understand visual, such as a chart or map. So, why and how can these graphs be beneficial?
Studies have found that 90% of the information that we remember is based on visual impact. Include that with the fact that we live in an age where 1.5 billion pieces of content, 140 million tweets, and 2 million videos are created on a daily basis, and you can easily understand why a simple visual aid can make your brand stand out.
Still Unsure?. . . Then check out these 6 benefits
- Infographics are more eye-catching than printed words, since they usually combine images, colours, movement, and content that naturally draw the eye.
- Since most of us have increasingly shorter attention spans, we tend to ‘scan’ material as opposed to actually reading text. Furthermore, we tend to remember information that we’ve seen more so than read.
- Infographics are extremely shareable for use around the web. For example, an infographic published on a WordPress blog or website usually provides an embeded code. This code allows an automatic link from the original site to yours. They are also easily shared on social networks and have a better chance of becoming viral compared to ordinary text.
- Infographics can be used to reinforce a brand, simply because they are so visually appealing. If you design an infographic with consistent colours, shapes, and messages, along with your logo, you’ll have an effective means of ‘Brand Awareness’.
- A well designed and aesthetically pleasing infographic will drive people to your site since they are more likely to ‘share’ and ‘click’ on it. Also, this can help with Google’s ‘Page Rank’ algorithm, which is important for SEO.
- Finally, infographics are a fun and engaging medium that can generate a unique connection with visitors to either your site or a location that has featured your infographic.
It’s not everyday that you can utilise something that is not only visually pleasing, but also has the capability to spread your brand as it goes viral throughout the internet.
To find more hints and tips visit Information Week
Want KMB to put an infographic together for your business, contact the Creative Digital Team on 01527 518373