DMA London Workshops 2018
Dates left for 2018:
Wednesday 18th April 2018
Tuesday 26th June 2018
Tuesday 25th September 2018
Tuesday 27th November 2018
To book your place contact email@example.com
Vulnerable consumers – will they buy from you?
At some point, most companies will have telephone conversations with people who find it difficult to make an informed decision about the choices offered to them. These choices can include anything from changing a utility supplier to making a charitable donation.
Your business may need to communicate with:
- Consumers who have a diagnosed condition like dementia;
- or perhaps an undiagnosed or temporary mental health condition such as severe anxiety.
- Consumers with learning difficulties or literacy issues.
- Consumers those who have problems understanding the language.
Statistics surrounding vulnerable consumers:
- The average reading age in the UK is 9.
- There are 850,000 people with dementia in the UK of which 40,000 are younger people and by 2025 there will be 1 million people.
- 16% of working-age adults have a disability (NHS 2007).
These are YOUR customers!
Some organisations have little understanding of how to identify the signs of a vulnerability – or how best to handle such situations with care and respect. Staff may not always be equipped to deal with the situation and there is often no policy for addressing any problems that may arise. This means that despite their best intentions, organisations may not give consistent quality service. It is important that vulnerable consumers are not ‘locked out’ of these dialogues. KMB have developed a training workshop which will not only help your staff to achieve their goals but it will also equip them with the practical ways in which to deal with vulnerable consumers.
Contact Jacqui Crawley, Owner & Managing Director to discuss the workshop in more detail on 01527 518373