If you’re anything like me, you make sure your LinkedIn Company page is kept up to date, regularly managing your Products and Services pages. So it was to my horror when I received an email detailing the Products and Services page would be scrapped from April 14th 2014!
After researching I found out it’s not just me that thinks it’s a bad idea. Lots of LinkedIn page Managers and Consultants are not happy with the alternatives. They are upset that the Showcase pages only allow a 200 character description and there is no-where to currently leave recommendations. Many also believe that managing Product and Service pages are easier for small businesses, which do not have the time to devote to LinkedIn.
They are venting their anger on LinkedIn’s help forum
Showcase pages the facts:
• You can have up to 10 Showcase pages
• Products and Services pages will be removed from 14th April 2014
• LinkedIn Showcase pages were originally introduced in late 2013
• Showcase pages allow the business to create feed specific to a Product/Service/Brand name
What do the LinkedIn team have to say:
“We do this to ensure that we’re creating a platform where companies can deliver timely, engaging content to our members. Sometimes, this means we need to remove a feature to focus on areas of the product that most benefit both companies and our members.”
Company pages will now be used to post more real time updates and LinkedIn want to encourage more shared content on specific Products/Services. In theory when a user interacts with content you’ve posted on your Company page, it gets shared with their contacts and further spreads the word about your business.
How to create a Showcase Page
Love them or loathe them we all need to implement the Showcase pages as soon as possible! So here’s how to do it:
If you’re a Company Page administrator, you can easily create your company’s own Showcase Page.
- Identify the business areas of your company that need a Showcase Page.
- Click ‘Edit’ from the drop down menu and select ‘Create a Showcase Page’.
- Add in your content/details and a banner.
- Once created, you can start sharing content from your page.
- You can monitor the performance of your Showcase Page through the LinkedIn analytic tools.
If you would rather someone else do the hard work of building your Showcase pages give KMB a call on 01527 518373
or email email@example.com and we can help you stay ahead with LinkedIn.